The Osh Nuru hotel was a great hotel in the center of Osh, Kyrgyzstan. We arrived here after a long travel day from Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The city of Osh’s industrial base largely collapsed after the break-up of the Soviet Union and has recently only started to revive. It was the perfect location to stay one night to break up our already long day and to make sure we didn’t miss our flight to Bishkek.
History of the Osh Nuru Hotel
This hotel has a unique history going back to Soviet times. The hotel was built in the times of the old Soviet Union and has had many names over the years. The most popular being call the “Intourist”. The Osh-Nuru is combining the history of the old hotel with new elements to bring it to international standards. The standard architecture of Soviet times remains the same, however, the furniture and décor are being upgraded. Over the past few years, there have been vast improvements to the Nuru Hotel complex with the new lobby, additional services, and the new outdoor swimming pool. New room categories have also made the hotel contain large expensive rooms and small inexpensive rooms as they find something to suit all travelers.
Here is a complete list of Tours and Activities in Kyrgyzstan
Osh-Nuru is located in the heart of the city center. The cultural and administrative centers can be found within 5-10 minutes. Commonly called the “capital of south Kyrgyzstan”, it is located in the Fergana Valley and is the second-largest city in Kyrgyzstan. The city of Osh is estimated to be about 3000 years old, with a very important outdoor bazaar that has been operating in the same location for the past 2000 years. This made Osh a very important market and stop on the Silk Road.
Osh has one of the few remaining statues of Lenin and several monuments throughout the city to see. The most popular is the one representing Kurmanjan Datka, the southern Kyrgyzstan “queen”. A Russian Orthodox church, the second largest mosque in the country, reopened after the demise of the Soviet Union. It stands beside the famous bazaar. Additionally, the 16th-century Rabat Abdul Khan Mosque can be found here. The Sulayman Mountain which offers a wonderful view of Osh and its environs is the only World Heritage Site in Kyrgyzstan.
The Osh-Nuru Hotel Rooms
This hotel has a large selection of rooms available. Spread over seven floors, the hotel has the capacity to accommodate up to 175. The five-room categories all come with a breakfast buffet and either mountain view, pool view, or city view.
- Economy Rooms – The economy rooms are basic. They contain a private bathroom with a shower or bathtub with hot water. In-room amenities include: cable channels
- Standard Rooms – All Standard rooms contain a bathtub or shower with hot water. Breakfast is included. In-room amenities: cable TV, fan, fridge, hairdryer, and wired internet.
- Deluxe – Like the other rooms, all deluxe rooms contain a bathtub or shower with hot water. The room facilities include a living room, seating area, air conditioning, bath amenities, dental kit, hairdryer, bathrobe, slippers, cable TV, fridge, mini-bar with hot drinks and snacks. As well as wired internet and wifi.
- Suites – Individually designed suites contain all the amenities as the deluxe rooms, however, they are larger.
- Apartments – The large apartments contain a bathtub or shower with hot water. In-room amenities include: living room, sitting room, dressing room, cable TV, wired internet and Wi-Fi, air conditioning, jacuzzi, bath amenities, bathrobe, slippers, dental kit, hairdryer, fridge, and mini-bar with hot drinks and snacks.
Facilities and Amenities Available Within The Building
- A Beauty Salon and Barbershop offer a wide range of services and beauty treatments for men and women.
- A Convince store is available so you can buy food and other essentials.
- Business Center is equipped with modern office equipment including a computer with Internet access.
- Five categories of rooms are available
- Free private parking
- SPA salon offers a wellness program for the body such as massage, aromatherapy, body wraps, herbal medicine, and more.
- The Billiard Club is open around the clock on the first floor of the hotel.
- The lobby bar is open for social time with friends and family
- The Osh-Nuru Hotel has numerous amenities available for guests.
- The outdoor swimming pool has a depth of 1.5-1.8 meters.
- At the pool bar, you can purchase beer, cocktails, and other refreshments. Additionally, snacks, kebabs, fruit, and ice cream are offered.
- The tickets office is located in the building of the hotel for you to book tickets to all destinations in the branch office.
Restaurants and Food at The Hotel
A breakfast buffet is included in all the stays at the hotel. The cafe-restaurant offers oriental and European cuisine, fresh pastry, desserts, and fruits. The main hall can welcome up to 80 guests at one time. The Cafe-restaurant is a perfect place for conducting coffee breaks, banquets, and buffet-type dining. The hotel also provides catering services.
The lobby bar will become is a great place for business meetings, negotiations, or discussions with family and friends. The lovely evergreens and the water fountain will undoubtedly add enjoyable moments to your stay. The menu in the lobby bar offers various alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Snacks and fresh pastry are also available.
Book Special Events
The property has two conference halls that are available for conducting meetings, seminars, and training. They are fully equipped with furniture and the required equipment. They know each event has its own specific needs and will cater to them creating the perfect space. Supplementary services include:
- Business center services: printing, copying, scanning, and faxing
- Coffee breaks, lunches, and dinners
- Conference System
- Digital projector and screen
Get a customized activity plan for your trip: